Protecting Your Creations
Amanda B. Cook offers legal counsel for Intellectual Property Law issues in Montgomery, Alabama.
Protecting intellectual property is essential to the success of a small business.
Intellectual property law includes the law of copyright and trademark, but it also includes:
- Trade secrets
- Trade dress (protecting your recognized styles and colors)
- Nondisclosure agreements
If you are an employee or employer in either a creative or tech industry, intellectual property law touches everything you do.
Make sure your assets and creations are thoroughly protected by contacting Amanda B. Cook.
In an increasingly digital economy, your branding, product recognition, and content are the lifeblood of your operations and advertising.
Does your business need intellectual property protection?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Does your business have a name or logo by which it represents itself?
- Does your business design or create computer hardware or software?
- Does your business have any confidential information that gives it an advantage over its competitors?
- Does your business use any brand names or logos in connection with specific products it sells or services it offers?
- Does your business design or create any machines, tools, instruments, methods, systems, processes, compounds, formulations or medicines?
- Does your business sell any products that have unique colors, smells or sounds that distinguish those products from those of your competitors?
- Does your business create, or participate in the creation of, any original art, graphic design, advertising, photography, written articles, poetry, books, music, audio or video recordings, films, or dramatic works?
- Does your business participate in the production, performance, or broadcast of sound recordings, radio and television broadcasts, or live artistic performances?
- Does your business sell a product in packaging that has a unique shape or design?
- Does your business create, or participate in the creation of, architectural drawings?
- Does your business use any advertising slogans to sell its services or products?
- Does your business use catalogs, brochures, flyers, or manuals?
- Does your business design or create any products that have a unique shape or design?
- Does your business create, or participate in the creation of, textile, apparel or accessory designs?
- Does your business have a Web site or does it market or sell any products via the Internet?
If you answer “Yes” to any of these questions, it is likely that your business has Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secret, and Patent rights that require IP protection.
Call Montgomery IP attorney Amanda B. Cook today (334) 356-7879 for more information on how to protect your intellectual property.